Shawl Pin Sterling Silver with Green Amethyst Drop
This penannular brooch is based on an Iron-Age design, cold-forged in sterling silver, with an ethereal faceted green amethyst drop hanging from it.
- Hallmarked in Edinburgh with the Scottish Sterling mark as well as my makers mark.
- Pin is 1 1/2" (4cm) diameter and 2 1/2" (6.5) long including amethyst drop.
- This lighter-weight pin is great for dk, sport or fingering weight knitting or weaving.
- The penannular brooch is an elegant and practical design.
- Once the fabric has been secured on the pin, the circular frame can be turned around the pin, securing the brooch in place.
I wear mine with my hand-knitted cardigans and coats, as I prefer this type of closure to buttons or clasps that come undone.
This pin is featured in Staci Perry's Easy Knit Sweater Jacket Tutorial at Very Pink Knits. You can learn about the pattern (and get a how-to on how to fasten these brooches) over here.
All my jewellery is made by hand by my partner Mike and myself in a converted 18th century naval school on the wild North coast of Scotland. All pieces come gift wrapped.